Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sugar Creek Road aka "The Farm"






This is my dad's 200 acre playground of rolling hills. Its the grand kids playground too, during my senior year of high school(1997) my dad decided to purchase the family farm and remodel the farm house as a "get away" or a "cabin" from my grandparents. At that time in my life I was wondering why not a condo in Hawaii or a beach house in California. But to my Dad Franklin Idaho is just as good. As the years have gone on, I have seen how much joy this place brings to my Dad and all those who visit. He always has that twinkle in his eye when we are there. My parents truly love entertaining and bringing family,friends,and ward members there, to eat fresh vegetables from his garden, go for rides on the four wheelers in the summer and snowmobiles in the winter. It is the perfect place for living the simple life. It has become a security blanket for me, to know that if we need somewhere safe to go we will have a farm with plenty of land and water for our needs and others too. What wise parents I have! Thanks Dad and Mom for all the good times up there. Even though we don't get to visit there often,living in St.george it is still a special place for us to vistit!

5 comments:

Heather and Trevor said...

Yay! So glad that you started a blog! I love blog buddies! We really need to get the kiddos together. I know I keep saying that but we need to! :) Leticia and I get together on Thursdays and we were saying how much fun it would be to have you there! I will talk to you at church tomorrow. :) You are on my blog list now! :)

Jas & Cam Fam said...

It looks amamzing! Some of the pictures looked were from a calendar! I didn't realize your parents had moved. I always take a trip down memory lane when I pass your old house...good times!

laurie said...

Hey, I'm glad you left your blog on mine so I could check it out! Not living in Utah, we are in AZ now. It's not too bad, but the summer gets long! I totally forgot that story you reminded me about! So hilarious! Can't wait to see more blogging, Way cute family! ; )

anne said...

Wow that is pretty out there. Jace wants land in Coalville for those very reasons.
Thanks for finding me. Now we can keep in touch. :)

The McCulloughs said...

What a fun place; now I know why you love going up there and I bet your kids never want to leave! It is so pretty up there!